REIG Companies is a multifaceted real estate investment firm headquartered in San Diego County. The companies are owned by two driven and energetic professionals who believe integrity and strong values are essential to business success. REIG operates their business with the belief that culture eats strategy for breakfast- meaning our people are more important than anything else. At REIG, we take our core values seriously. In fact, the letters REIG are an acronym for our core values, for which we use to guide our decisions every single day.
The Property Manager is responsible for all phases of the operations of an apartment community. This includes personnel functions, leasing, maintenance, monitoring market conditions, budget oversight, advertising, resident relations, and all property management software reports.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Works closely with the Director of Property Management in developing an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of the organization and the apartment community.
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds daily.
- Offers recommendations to supervisor regarding improvements to the overall operation of the community.
- Ensures effective move-in and move-out administration with attention to consistent apartment inspections.
- Demonstrates understanding of financial and operational reporting requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of payroll summary sheets for team.
- Ensures that all rent payments are collected promptly from both current and previous residents.
- Makes regular bank deposits of rent, laundry income and any miscellaneous income.
- Ensures late notices are distributed to all delinquent residents and completes follow-up activity regarding non-payment of rent, or eviction proceedings.
- Markets apartments by promoting rentals on the phone and in person; demonstrates apartments and community to prospective residents, sells apartment features/benefits, secures commitments and deposits from prospective residents, maintains, and provides a Weekly Traffic report, as well as other miscellaneous leasing reports.
- Summarizes daily input of all resident information in relation to leasing traffic, move-ins, move-outs, apartment conditions, work orders, rent receipts and deposits and enters all information into property management software daily.
- Ensures the accurate completion of residential leases and lease renewals.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of market and completive properties.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of various community recreational and social activities.
- Assists the overall team effort through effective leadership.
- Conducts follow-up activity as needed with current residents to establish and maintain positive resident relations.
- Ensures that residents are provided with a clean, safe, and well-maintained community.
- Ensures security deposit dispositions are prepared in a consistent manner immediately after move-out.
- Ensures that all maintenance requests are handled as quickly, efficiently, and effectively as possible and always within 24 hours.
- Maintains a positive and businesslike demeanor in person and on the telephone. Demonstrates a client-oriented attitude about the company with coworkers, tenants, clients, and the public.
- Upholds a neat, clean, and professional dress attire and personal hygiene appropriate for greeting the public.
- Adheres to Fair Housing Policy and ADA. Constantly strives for improvements in work process and results to better meet client’s expectations.
- Assist in any other area as needed. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The education/qualifications described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be paid to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational/technical training preferred.
- Three years of experience in property management of apartments.
- This is a supervisory function which is responsible for all activities and personnel on the site.
Very little travel is expected for this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require longer hours and some Saturdays.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work independently with little supervision or in a team environment
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to perform a variety of tasks in a safe and productive manner
- Detail-orientated/highly accurate
- Active listener
- Follows verbal and written instructions
- Communicates effectively, diplomatically, and courteously at all levels within the company including with outside parties doing business with the Company
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching above and below shoulder, grasping, squeezing, fine manipulation, mouse, and keyboard use. Limited lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling not to exceed 20 pounds. Can hear, speak, read, and write. The work environment is mostly inside and occasionally outside with varying temperature with moderate to loud noise.
Salary based on experience – We also offer a competitive benefits package consisting of paid holidays, PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and a company-matched 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR simply fill out the contact form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– REIG Asset Management