REIG Companies is a multifaceted real estate investment firm headquartered in San Diego County. The companies are owned by two driven and energetic professionals who believe integrity and strong values are essential to business success. REIG operates their business with the belief that culture eats strategy for breakfast- meaning our people are more important than anything else. At REIG, we take our core values seriously. In fact, the letters REIG are an acronym for our core values, for which we use to guide our decisions every single day.
The Apartment Regional Manager is responsible for the overall operation of each community within their portfolio. Provides direction to property management team and is accountable for the portfolio’s overall business results. Directs operational, leasing, and maintenance initiatives throughout portfolio to ensure team has the resources they need to be successful and deliver to our residents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Support and understand REIG’s mission, vision, values, goals, and objectives.
- Hire, educate, mentor, and supervise portfolio Property Managers, Maintenance Technicians, and Leasing Agents.
- Ensure all staff members provide the highest level of service to residents.
- Meet budgeted income, expense, and leasing goals for the portfolio.
- Conduct weekly meetings with Property Managers to update vital priorities (leasing, rent collections, completion of make readies, expense control), to discuss staff and vendor issues, and to apprise Property Manager of REIG changes in policy and procedures.
- Participate in the planning of annual budget process for each property.
- Review the financial operations of each Property Manager monthly and ensure software is being utilized to the fullest to record and collect data.
- Develop a highly proficient working knowledge of the operational components of Entrata property management software issues as well as keep accurate and timely information.
- Evaluate market conditions with each Property Manager to determine unit prices in accordance with the market and budgeted goals. Shop competitors in person every quarter with the Property Manager.
- Assist each Property Manager in the development of an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a periodic basis.
- Conduct monthly property visits as deemed necessary to maximize the performance of the asset.
- Assist with facilitation of construction and rehabilitation projects with the Asset and Property Manager.
- Support Property Manager and respond to highly sensitive resident requests/concerns in a timely, professional manner.
- Demonstrate customer service skills by treating residents, coworkers, supervisors with respect, answering questions in a calm, professional, respectful manner. Respond sensitively to concerns/complaints and exhibits a high sense of urgency.
- Manage and motivate Property Managers and onsite staff and give consistent verbal and written feedback regularly.
- Educate, develop and cross-train all staff at each community.
- Report quarterly portfolio results to Vice President of Multi-family.
- Travel 50% of the time by car and air.
- Assist in any other area as needed
The education/qualifications described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be paid to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- At least 3 years multi-property apartment regional manager experience, with a minimum portfolio of 1200 units or 4 or more properties and supervisory experience
- BA/BS in Business preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver license and clean driving record
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Entrata a plus
- Computers, copiers, scanners
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to work independently with little supervision or in a team environment
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to perform a variety of tasks in a safe and productive manner
- Detail-orientated/highly accurate
- Active listener
- Follow verbal and written instructions
- Communicate effectively, diplomatically, and courteously at all levels within the company including with outside parties doing business with the Company
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching above and below shoulder, grasping, squeezing, fine manipulation, mouse, and keyboard use. Limited lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling not to exceed 20 pounds. Can hear, speak, read, and write. The work environment is mostly inside and occasionally outside with varying temperature with moderate to loud noise.
Salary based on experience – We also offer a competitive benefits package consisting of paid holidays, PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and a company-matched 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume via email at email@example.com OR simply fill out the contact form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– REIG Asset Management