We are seeking an experienced, driven, organized, responsible and proactive professional as a Maintenance person for our 128 unit Wichita, Kansas apartment community. This position is full time.
REIG Companies is a multifaceted real estate investment firm in San Diego County (the office is in San Marcos). While REIG Asset Management focuses on acquiring and repositioning both residential and multifamily properties, REIG also operates a full service construction company (REIG Construction) out of the same office. The companies are owned by two driven and energetic professionals who believe integrity and strong values are essential to business success. They operate their business with the belief that culture eats strategy for breakfast – meaning our people are more important than anything else. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit and a team full of smart, creative, and driven professionals with the power to make a difference, REIG is going to be a major force in its respective industries for years to come. The opportunities for education and growth are endless. At REIG, we take our core values seriously. In fact, the letters REIG are an acronym for our core values, for which we use to guide our decisions every single day.
The Apartment Maintenance position, under limited supervision, accomplishes daily work of routine difficulty and any other related work as assigned.
- Performs routine maintenance work orders in apartment units and throughout the common area
- Completes all maintenance required in vacant make readies
- Performs and maintains preventative maintenance tasks
- Maintains apartments and common areas by applying maintenance techniques and using tools to alter, repair walls, stairs, floors, ceiling, windows, doors, roofs, gutters, locks, heaters/ac, appliances, plumbing, electrical, minor carpentry, painting, etc.
- Inspects apartment units in need of repair or alterations
- Maintains a clean property
- Communicate repair status regularly with Apartment Manager
- Serves as a resource to communicate more efficient methods of maintaining apartments
- Maintains professional relationships with tenants
- Knowledge and understanding of fire and safety regulations; ensure safety of themselves and others within the apartment community
- 5 YEARS OF APARTMENT MAINTENANCE EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Driver License
- Experience in plumbing, electrical, heating/AC, drywall repairs, minor carpentry, and painting
- A pre-employment background check and drug screen are required
- Communicate with people of all levels of the organization
- Ability to actively listen when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others
- Sensitivity to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in other s and show respect and empathy
- Agreeable and professional; ability to gather information and relay it to the appropriate person
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and prioritize conflicting demands while working effectively
- Must be detail-oriented
- Coachable, self-starter, self-learner, and proactive in problem solving
- General computer skills
- Work alone/ self-accountable
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and maintain a high degree of professionalism
Sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, reaching above and below shoulder, grasping, squeezing, fine manipulation, mouse and keyboard use. Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling not to exceed 50 pounds. The work environment is inside and outside with varying temperature with moderate to loud noise.
$13-$16/per hour, depends on experience. We also offer a competitive benefits package consisting of paid holidays, PTO, medical/dental/vision insurance and a company-matched 401(k) plan.
Please submit your resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org OR simply fill out the contact form below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
– REIG Asset Management